And then they were five...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big C

Aquarium Advice Freak
...rummy nose tetras...

I bought 6 of the little guys (they were sold in pairs) to add to the existing 5. They were QT'd for 2 weeks and all looked nice and healthy two days ago when I moved to the big tank.

A few minutes after the move I go to watch them and see the distinctive black and white tail of one of them sticking out of the mouth of the Koi Angel. Bad fish! 8O

I didn't know that it could eat fish that size. All others seem to be still there for the time being. Hard to say because it's difficult to count them going back and forth in the plants to hide from the rotten Angel!

My daughter says that fish can't count... i wonder if the Angel decided that 11 is an ODD number for his neighborhood. :D

He probably got lucky when you first put them in and they were disoriented. Rummys and angels should be ok together.

The Angel is pretty big. I'd say a good 3 inches in diameter. The new rummys are about an inch long.

I agree with rich. I think they were kind of numb from the change of environment and the angel too advantage of that. Hoppefully he wont find more numb rummys.

Reminds me of the time I caught my Angel with my albino BN halfway down his throat. I was surprised that he would go after my BN on purpose so I believe to this day that he had probably perished and the Angel saw an opportunity for a quick snack.

Back
Top Bottom