Angel fish fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lerzygirl4god

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have 4 angels. The two smaller ones and two bigger ones. I have found that the angels have decided my 55 gal and in half. They were in a 20 for about a week when I was getting the 55 ready. Anyways the two black ones have always had a little fighting. The smaller one nips at the bigger. I thought they were just going to figure out dominance witch they did and we're fine. They split the tank in half and they were all fine. Lately though the smaller black one has been at It again. Except he has gotten more agressive. He has been ripping chunks off of the back talk fin of the bigger one. The small one does not pick on any of the others only that one. I have a lot of peaceful fish like danios and sword tails to keep the agressive ones distracted but now it has stopped working. How do I stop having these two fight and why are they even fighting when they only slightly did in the 20? I am just worried that he is going to die and I am afraid if I get rid of him the little black one will pick om the other big one which he was not before.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1412409146768.jpg
    1412409146768.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 67
I have no idea if they are male or female. If anything since they pair up I think the two smaller ones are male and female and the two bigger ones are male and female. For the two spotted black ones are i am thinking male.

I just secluded the small black one for tonight in a little breeding tank what is in my tank. It is small but I am tired of him attacking the other one. I am now watching the three together and they seem to be getting along fine. The white one seems slightly agressive to the large black one.

maybe they were fighting to be alpha angels lol i think that it might be breeding time and he was getting agressive towards the other but i dont know much about angles yet lol

Is there anything I can do? His fins are getting really thrashed and I hate that I put the agressive one is a little box in the tank. I was just tired of him hurting the rest of my fish.

if your lfs sells it metafix it helps heal the wounds from fights and do water changes 1 a week to keep the water at its peak so it heals faster im not sure why the angels were fighting

I can see it being mating but my big question is how to have them stop fighting so much. I really don't want to get rid of the agressive one but if I have to i have to.

try a devider
i cant help with the how to get them to stop fighting
what fish are in with the angels ?

4 angel fish
1 knifefish
2 pocostimous
1 regular catfish
1 albino catfish
4 cherry barbs
2 bleeding heart tetras
2 danios
2 Japanese algae eaters
1 rainbow shark
1 kooli loach
6 swardtails
3 rainbow fish
And 3 I don't remember what they are.

ok i dont see a problem with tank mates to stress them so i have no idia on what is up with your angel

Ya I knew my tank mates were fine. I think you are right it might just be breeding and I have two males and two females. I am just surprised the smaller male is winning this fight and not the bigger.

Oh and thanks for commenting on most of my questions lol. You have been a big help.

lol i try to help when i can lol and i love my fish even if i dont got them lol

I don't know to much here but my question l wonder are Angel Fish like other male being that 1 wants to dominate or ALPHA. I really hope that your angels are able to work things out. I'm sorry I don't have enough experience to give any suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I switch my two angels from a 30 to a 55 gallon tank. In the small tank my bigger angel was in there first. When I switch them a put the smaller angel in first. So when I switched a put the smaller angel in the 55 gal first then add the bigger one. The smaller one immediately started picking on the bigger one poke him in the side. So I took the smaller one out put him back in the 30 and yelled at him and gave him a ten minute time out (lol) then I put him back in he didn't act the same way they started swimming in pairs and acting like they always had. So while I would like to believe he really to he's timeout to think about what he had done, I pretty sure it had to do with some sorta territorial issue. Maybe aggressive guy in QT and see if when he comes back he will feel less like he needs to establish Alpha status. Good luck!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412486556.279545.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So I put the agressive guy in a little half gallon box inside the tank. While I feel bad about this I hope it will teach him by seeing all of them swim around and not being able to get to them that he is not dominate. When I did put the little guy in the box the other two did not attack the big guy at all. The other small one is not schooling really with the other two but she is not picking on them nor are they picking on her. I hope by segregating him off he will learn to not be so dominant. I will let him out tomorrow because he is finally now started to calm down.

Attachments

• 1412491063916.jpg
    1412491063916.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 44
Ugh they are still fighting. I am trying to seperate them again.

So I am done. I have tried all I can do. I am deciding to sell him now. He is just too aggressive. I am sad but need to do it.

Back
Top Bottom