Angel not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey2619

Aquarium Advice Activist
Heya guys, awhile ago, like 2 weeks, I got a new angel, as soon as it was put in the tank, I was in the middle of feeding them fish tubafex worms, so the angel was eating out of the worm feeder, but since I havent been feeding them worms anymore, at feeding times when I feed them flakes, he/she doesnt eat. Im nto sure what to do! He looks at the food, and looks like hes going to go to it, then he just backs away.

What are your water parameters and what other fish do you have in the tank?And what size tank? Is he showing any other signs of illness, gasping at the surface, hiding in the shadows or behind ornaments? How long has it been since he has been fed? You could try a different kind of food, he might just be fussy.

No he hangs around like 2 inches from the top. Lol, youve helped me with my problems alot, suprised you didnt remember my damn tank yet! Lol, Im gonna go a PWC tomorrow hopefully.

It's Monday LOL can't remember my own name today, that's why it's written down in my sig, LOL. I still think he might be just fussy, try a different kind of flake or pellet food. I bet he'd eat blood worms if you have any, angels love bloodworms.

Cichlids can be very finicky eaters - they're worse than cats and toddlers!
When I ran out of the Ocean Nutrition flakes, my angels refused to eat anything else I offered them. I had to try offering them every food I had on hand until they settled on some Hikari FW flake that I had won in a raffle.

Keep trying different foods you have until you hit on whatever they have a craving for. Just be careful not to put too much in, and keep up with the gravel vacs/PWCs.

Back
Top Bottom