Angel questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Velksfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Both of my Angels have these thing growing on their mouths. It has went away and came back. Not sure what it is. They both seem healthy and doing fine. Not problems eating or anything

Anyone know what it is or what i need to do to cure it ??? See pictures below, tried to get a good picture but these were the best i could get.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1455492090.315663.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1455492103.100507.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Both of my Angels have these thing growing on their mouths. It has went away and came back. Not sure what it is. They both seem healthy and doing fine. Not problems eating or anything

Anyone know what it is or what i need to do to cure it ??? See pictures below, tried to get a good picture but these were the best i could get.

View attachment 284803View attachment 284804

The fish on the left appears to have what looks like Lymphocystis which is a virus and not much you can do for it besides keeping the tank environment as healthy as possible. The other fish appears to have some form of fungal infection which is probably a post injury thing. Because both of these fish have this on their mouths, it's more than likely caused by them lip locking or fighting and this is a secondary effect. Keeping the water quality up will help the fish fight off both these conditions. The caviat to this is if the Marble's mouth continues to get worse, I would remove him to a hospital tank and treat with a good antibiotic ( ie Furan 2 or Kanamycin) as you don't want the mouth to become permanently damaged or the fish may not be able to eat and will slowly die from starvation.

Hope this helps (y)

Thank you. It has went away but it came back. I am doing 3 water changes a week now since it came back

Thank you. It has went away but it came back. I am doing 3 water changes a week now since it came back

If it were me, I'd be checking the water parameters in the tank before you change the water and again the day after you change. The problem may be your water if you are doing changes 3 times per week and still having this issue. :confused:

I just started doing it 3 times a week. Going to see if it gets better.

Back
Top Bottom