Angel stuck in filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninaround

Aquarium Advice Activist
Help!!!!!! Our new nickel size angel got sucked against the filter. Now his long hangy down 2 fins (?) One of them is flat against his body. Any ideas?

I'm sorry, Can't really give you advice on what to do with the fish but I CAN help you to prevent this from happening in the future. you can go buy a sponge filter head or you can put nylon stockings around the filter secured with a rubber band. One last thing though, did he get sucked INTO the filter or just ONTO the filter?

Unless you have a rediculously powerful filter, a healthy fish should very easily be able to swim past an intake. I'm wagering your new Angel was either already sick or injured.

He got stuck onto. I have had a bunch of other fish in this tank and never ever had this problem. So I assume the move was the big problem.

Angels are very thin and as big as a nickel, that's pretty small...I wouldn't be too suprised he got stuck on it...but he should have been able to swim free. Just make sure he doesnt have any noticeable injuries and is behaving properly and you should be fine :)

It is bent.

Oh, I have 7 angels in one of my tanks and as they grow since they have long fins, the others are able to nip at them easily and they become bent or ripped, but they always heal and grow back fine, and it is quite common to see an angel with a bent fin like that. It will grow back fine, as mine always do...

Back
Top Bottom