Angelfish acting funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

owen0992

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all :ermm: My angelfish seems to be acting slightly off. It did not really eat when I did my feeding tonight and I noticed that it was kinda just lazily staying in the same area about 3 inches from the top of the water looking at either the top or it's reflection. I noticed that there was a small reddish looking swelling under it's skin in the gill area (It is white so it is kinda transparent, allowing me to see in a bit). There was no hard breathing at all. My water reading that I just did was 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, and 5-10 Nitrate, Ph stable at it's usual reading. As I'm typing this it seems to be swimming around the tank more than it was a bit earlier but it's behavior made me nervous. Do I just keep an eye on it for a couple days? Any ideas on what could be bothering it? Any general info on angelfish behaviors/ illness would be helpful so I can keep an eye out for anything negative. Thanks

I just woke up and had to run out the door but it looked like he was just drifting with the current for a minute. He was upright and steering but letting the current do the work. It seemed a little out of it. I've never had a fish who was ill or off with no obvious physical symptoms. I just set up a new 10 gallon yesterday. I'm thinking of isolating him and cranking the heat up to kick it's ammune system running hard. Will buy some parasite meds just in case. Really hope that somebody can help because I'm flying blind here.

I just woke up and had to run out the door but it looked like he was just drifting with the current for a minute. He was upright and steering but letting the current do the work. It seemed a little out of it. I've never had a fish who was ill or off with no obvious physical symptoms. I just set up a new 10 gallon yesterday. I'm thinking of isolating him and cranking the heat up to kick it's ammune system running hard. Will buy some parasite meds just in case. Really hope that somebody can help because I'm flying blind here.

I had an angel that showed the same symptoms. I woke up one morning to her floating upside down. I never did figure out what happened :( I hope you do in time!!!

I do really hope it improves. It is my favorite fish in my 50. It is the only fish in that tank acting odd at all.

I do really hope it improves. It is my favorite fish in my 50. It is the only fish in that tank acting odd at all.

Mine was, too, everyone else was active and vibrant. Maybe do little 10% pwc every day for a week? Maybe slowing the current from the filter with filter sponge or a DIY plastic current diffuser will help calm the waters and help it recuperate faster?

Just finished putting together a planted 10 gallon to use as a hospital tank. I put some parasite guard in it and am matching the temp to the angelfishes current tank before I put it in there. Will raise the temp and have daily water changes. Hope he gets better.

Back
Top Bottom