Angelfish fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mishellfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had some problems with some plattys I got about 6 months ago, their fins are sticking together and clamping. They seem quite happy though in their hospital tank, and I think the desease may have stopped progressing. I isolated them from my angelfish about 3 months ago, so that he would not get the desease. However I realised hisdorsal fin (which has always been bent) looks a bit like it is stuck together when he flares the tip does not open and the tip of his tail looks a bit rounded.

He has no eaten away areas or fungus, the stick together part of the fin looks like it might have a thicker layer of slime. He has never had filaments on his tail.

My nitrates have been a bit high, even though I rehomed a lot of my fish. I think I have managed to keep the nitrate at around 50. I change 20 percent per week and hover the sand at the same time.

Tank size 110 litre, pump 800 litres per hour, one bristlenose and one angel.
Ph 7.6
Nitrate 50
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0

I think the problems may be due to the water quality, I was planning to find a nicer larger home for my angel, but now I am worried he is ill, and may pass the disease on to the new aquarium.

Please could you tell me if his fins look normal for an angelfish or if they look like there is a disease?

E4D91738-C441-4E15-A1A9-787E893C2562.jpg

Back
Top Bottom