Angelfish help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrispyChris

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I bought a new angelfish yesterday and got him acclimated to my tank. He is fairly large, but a few fish still terrorized him for a little bit. I removed those fish and now it’s just him and a few neon tetras. Now he is swimming with his nose up near the top of the tank and waits till the current from the filter pushes him down until he slaps some decorations and then he continues swimming upward? Is this swim bladder disease? If so I’m going to be very upset cause I have had him for 24 hours... 29 gallon tank. pH: 7, ammonia: .25 ppm, nitrite: 0ppm, nitrate: 0ppm. 79 degrees. Could the ammonia be hurting him?

How old is the tank?
Edit- yes the ammonia is hurting the fish.. a basic search will tell you that. Do some research and you'll have healthy fish;)

Tank was bought used (with cycled media) and it was a year old when I bought it and I have had it for a month.

You lost the cycle. Ammonia should not be present while nitrates should. Dose prime daily and change water frequently.enoigh to keep ammonia barely detectable.

Back
Top Bottom