angelfish injury

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanknut

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i came home today to find that one of my six angels is on the bottom of the tank floundering.
nothing wrong with him except the complete lack of pectoral fin on one side. nothing but a nub left.
i am assuming the pairs are being formed and i had two that were not a pair so they got beat up.
both were moved to a hospital tank (same tank) , just heater , filter, and water. been doing 30% water changes daily, adding aquarium salt, and prime. nothing else so far. both are aggressively eating adult live brine shrimp twice daily and dont seem to be interested in floating foods right now.
(i have a brine shrimp tank for the cichlid fry, i let the shrimp reproduce on their own so i have plenty of shrimp in all sizes.) right now the worse of the two is in a breeder net to keep him off the bottom of the tank where he was just floundering on the injured side. in the net he can keep himself upright . nub of fin can be seem moving . have had them in the hospital tank for two days

so my question is now what?
will the fin grow back?
do i need to add something to water?
how long before it will grow back?
should i feed him something different?

and what about temp, i know that some bacteria do better in warmer temps so i dont want to promote bacteria growth. temp tank right now is 72
any help would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom