Angelfish tiled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shrimplette

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My angelfish hada white spot just behind his eye. I put him in a hospital tank and treated it with Maracyn and marine salt. The spot has cleared up, bu t now he is swimming tilted with his head up. Is this becausze of the salt? I am gradually returning the water to normal. Will this stop this behavior? Does he have swim bladder issues?Any advice will be helpful as I am new to Angelfish, but have kept African Cichlids for years.:confused:

You can try feeding boiled, shelled peas, which are a laxative for fish.
Has your tank gone through the nitrogen cycle?

Angelfish tilted

Thos tank he was in is very well established. Ph is 6.8 to 7.0. As of this morning ammonia nitrate and nitrite are all 0.0 ppm. I have pit him in a hospital tank for treatment. There are 3 other angelfish in the main tank. They are doing well. I have used peas with a Frontosa with "float". They worked very well. He is a happy healthy fish now. Problem with the Angelfish is that he is not eating at all. I was thinking it was "float". How can I get him to eat??

You can try soaking the peas in garlic. If he won't eat those, you can try the salt, at 1 tsp per gallon, but only start with 1/2 tsp per gallon. Dissolve the salt in a separate container before putting it in the QT tank. Remember that salt does not evaporate, so you will have to manually remove it. Tomorrow, doa 50% pwc, and then replace the salt, and add more to make it go up to 1 tsp per gallon.

The salt may have caused some kind of swim bladder problem. How much salt did you use? I would have gone with MgSO4 for a salt as it's harder to OD with.

Back
Top Bottom