Angelfish with Nub fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ILuvSandwiches

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so call me a fool but I have a soft spot for Angelfish. I keep fish because I want to put all my effort into caring for them. I enjoy it. Anyway I was at the pet store, just browsing and I saw this little guy with a missing fin. My heart instantly went out to him because he was still swimming, still trying to stand up for himself (when another fish nipped at him, he nipped back) and still fighting to just live. It might be a long shot but I want to give "Gill" a chance. (I named him after the angelfish on finding nemo with a hurt fin)

This was a spur of the moment decision so I don't have anything prepared. I have a breeder box I'm going to float in my 30 gal as a temporary home for Gill (there are two five inch Angels already in there and they can be jerks O-O) and I know someone with an extra 20 gal+equipment so I will probably borrow that, cycle it and put him in there until he gets big enough where I can put him in the tank with the others. Also, I got some blood worms to feed him instead of the ormal flakes so hopefully that will boost the nutrition he's getting.

I'm setting this forum up because any advice is highly appreciated to help me save Gill

Below I have pictures of Gill compared to the other angels and one that is a close up of his side fin (Which is mostly gone, only a small thin strip is left. His tail is pretty torn too)

Attachments

• IMG_7494.jpg
    IMG_7494.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7500.jpg
    IMG_7500.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 54
You need some of this Ken's Premium Sinking Pellets with Oxytetracycline 2.5mm
And some of this Kordon Methylene Blue 4 oz.
TBH
If you could find a different antibiotic/anti fungal combo at your LFS, all the power too you. I want to help ppl, and it stinks that I have to suggest the meds their fish need now from an online site....but most pet stores just don't carry good stuff.
Or you could try Maracyn-2 with some good old salt and clean water/heat to heal his fin
Basically you want to give him a antibiotic to stop the infection, and a fungicide to stop secondary fungal growth on dead tissue that the bacteria has killed.
Look around, just make sure the antibiotic/antifungal combo is O.K to use together
It might live without it, but his chances are better, and their useful things to keep around!

Back
Top Bottom