Angelfish With White Stuff On Eye ?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolffish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive had my 29 gallon tank for a while now and have had no problems with illnesses so one day i was looking at my angelfish pair and relised one of them has like a white thing on its eye. It sort of looks like a tumor but not at the same time. Ill try to post some pics later. To tell you the truth i have no clue what the levels are in my tank but i will get them to you guys as soon as i can. All the other fish are doing fine and show no signs of getting it. I did do a 30% water change the other day with the gravel vac. So does anyone have any ideas? I dont want he\she to die.:(

water parameters would be good to know.
but does this white stuff look like just a spot or is it like fuzz? if it's like fuzz it could be a fungus. but here's a link that i go to for diseases, check it out you might be able to diagnose it better since i dont know what it actually looks like
Fish Disease and Treatment

if you can post pics that would help.

It not fuzzy frrom what i see. It looks more like a small white solid mass on the eye.
And thanks for the link im checking it out now

Okay the amonia levels are about a .50 and the ph is around 6.0. and u want to hear somthing funny . I take my camra turn it on and was about to get the perfect shot when the battery goes dead. -.- So it going to be a few minuits before i get another shot at it.

you should have 0 ammonia i would do a pwc.

how long has you tank been running?
are you using a dechlorinator? (like prime for example)
what kind of test kit are you using? you should also be testing for nitrites and nitrates. if you have ammonia, it's most likely that you'll have the other and your tank could be doing a mini cycle possibly. you can pick up a liquid test kit for fairly cheap and it has ammonia, nitrites, nitrates and ph all in one and they are more accurate the strips

from the link i gave you, did it narrow anything down for you?

Dug up my trusty list of bookmarks and found the one I was looking for.

Fish Eye Disorders

That site has a nice chart which helps you diagnose problems related to the eyes of fish.

The tank has been running for about a year now.Unfortinotly i only have the ph and amonia test kits ill try to get a nitrate ang nitrite test kit today or tom. Ill try to do a water change today but im having guest over so ill see what i can do. And yes when i do water changes i do use a tap water conditioner. And unfortinetly i cant find anything that sounds like what my fish has.

Alright i finally got some good pics and im trying to upload them now.

Here we go

Attachments

• DSC01090.jpg
    DSC01090.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC01097.jpg
    DSC01097.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC01094.jpg
    DSC01094.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC01095.jpg
    DSC01095.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 223
No the eye has not poped out it just has the white stuff on the eye.

Well, from the first and second, it looks like a fungus.
How often to you change part of the water?
I would get some Melafix, and treat him after you get the ammonia and nitrite to 0.

I do water changes about once a month. Im going to do one tomorow after noon and then test the water. Thanks and i will get Melafix and try it out as soon as the amonia reaches 0.

You should start doing water changes every week, your fish will be MUCH happier! :)
Until your ammonia and nitrites get to 0, you should probably do a pwc every day. If you test the water, and the ammonia is above .25ppm, do a water change.

Back
Top Bottom