Angelicus Botia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

locorosa

Aquarium Advice Freak
My mom has an Angelicus Botia that is doing alot of flashing and rubbing.
Tank is a 12 gallon Eclipse, fully cycled.
Water perims are stellar, PH-7.6, Ammo-, Nitrites-0, Nitrates-10, temp is 78*.
Tank mates are a few Tetras.

She' been dosed with a Quick Cure 4 times (every 48 hrs) and then was dosed with Jungle Parasite Clear 3 times (two days apart) and is still flashing pretty bad.

Any suggestions? I was thinking of doing a longer round of the Parasite Cure.

Thanks in advance!

Do you see any other physical signs? Raise your temperature to 87 a couple degrees every four hours or so. Leave it there for two weeks. This will take care of ich if that is what you are dealing with. Add a bubbler as warmer temperature water holds less oxygen.

No other signs on her and no spots either. I was wondering if it could be gill flukes or something irritating like that. I will adjust the temps and watch closely.
thanks, hopefully this fixes it.

Also have her stop using the meds. They can cause more harm than good to both the fish and the bacterial cycle.

Will do! She's holed up behind the filter intake and not eating now soooooo, doesn't look good.

I just wanted to add: If you are raising the temp of the water, you need to be careful of the amount of O2 in the tank. At higher temps, the O2 concentration is low as theotheragentm has mentioned. If you/she is using a HOB type filter, lowering the water level would be a great idea. Even if it's not a HOB, the general idea is the same. You need to increase the amount of surface agitation to keep the O2 levels in check.

Back
Top Bottom