Angels with scratches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JC_Bus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just noticed that two of my angels have some kind of cut and i don't know if it could be something harmful. Do you know what could have happened?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458862262.922130.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458862276.638729.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458862284.402570.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There's two gouramis and I haven't noticed any aggression between the two. There's no other fish in the tank except corys

There's two gouramis and I haven't noticed any aggression between the two. There's no other fish in the tank except corys

What about decorations, filter pipes, types of gouramis, etc? Think about what can cause a scratch and see if that could have happened in your tank.

They're blue gouramis and I have one piece of decoration that could have caused it but I don't know if they're small enough to go into it and get hurt

The "scratches" look more like a dent than a scratch so I would have to say they were created by a fish more than an object. Since its on both fish, it's kinda hard to think that both fish could have found 1 sharp thing to bump into so it would be either an attack by the Gourami(s) or other fish or the 2 Angels sparring. Unless they get worse, happen more frequently or you see the fish actually getting hurt, I wouldn't do anything.

Hope this helps. (y)

Back
Top Bottom