Angle fish red lines under skin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matthew_raw

Aquarium Advice Activist
My two angle fish have red lines and patches under there skin anyone idea what this could be?

Sent from my SM-T210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pics would help. Also, answering these questions as completely as possible will help in the diagnosis;

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?

1. Angle fish
2. Ill grt back to you when i test
3. 6x2x2 around 700liters
4. Aps 1800lph external & marina 2100 lph external
5. 19 mixed community
6. 2 days ago 25% cleand sand this morning
7. Fish have been in there a week its a new tank that i upgrsded to no new fish and all fish were drip acclimated over an hour each
8.nothing new
9. Feed bloodworms 1 a week and aqurina flake every other day and alage wafers every other day

It's a new tank? Then that's the problem i suspect. They may have ammonia burns from high levels due to tank not being cycled. Water changes daily with testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes new tank no new additions but has the same two external filters that were running on my 4 foot for 2 years so there deffinalty cycled and theres no ammonia showing on my api test kit

Back
Top Bottom