Another problem with rainbow fish - what is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bezprizornik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just noticed this spot on the side of one of my rainbows - is it a parasite? Its been 2 days since it appeared; all other fish is ok... What could it be and what should I do? Thanks!

image-415824233.jpg

image-3468420600.jpg

image-2422637378.jpg

image-3498282553.jpg

image-2051825015.jpg

I have seen that spot on Rainbow fish before at pet stores but I'm not sure what it is. I would try to isolate that fish in a quarantine aquarium. I had ich in my 55 gallon and it took out 7 of my 15 rainbow fish. Seems diseases spread easy to this fish. Good luck, hope he gets better

It's not ick - I'm sure; there is something under those scales and I don't know what the hell is it...

The spot moved up closer to the spine - still can't figure out what could it be... finally was able to take sharper picture; any idea? Thanks!

image-2677880064.jpg

Wierd. Is that spot moving or growing? Or both? Is spot the right word, or is it more of a bump? Hard to tell from the pics? Is the fish swimming or behaving abnormally?

Yup, it's more like a bump! The fish is eating and swimming ok, but not schooling as much with the others...

Looks like a scratch or something? Could be that it's just healing so it seemed to move.

Back
Top Bottom