Anti-Bacterial Medicated Sticks By Tetra question ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lori_z3a

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want know if I can treat a fish--- that is in my weather loach tank with Anti-Bacterial Medicated Sticks By Tetra , if I do, will this harm my loaches or will it also help them with their stress of all the water changes and ammonia spike ? the readings are ok right now but they are all stressed out.

Ooooo Medicated Sticks by Tetra?? Where did you find em? *fingers crossed they're sold in the states*

As for your weather loaches, what are you treating them for? Antibacterials usually aren't deadly to scaleless fish the way the poisons of ich meds are. It will do nothing for stress tho or treating ammonia poisoning.

sorry it is from a canadian place - if you want I can email you the name - I do not think they will let you put someones business in here - as for the weather loaches ,well one got part of its tail cought in the filter and tore some of its end fin in half and it is red there. I do not want to lose it to infection - but was wondering if it is ok for them to have it ? rather hard to give one without the others getting some

Yeah, they'll be fine. I use a medicated food with antibiotics and antiparasiticals for all my new fish while they are in quarantine, and I've never had a problem. Antibiotics are not poisons like most ich meds are. Plus, antibiotic foods are MUCH more effective then the stuff you put in the water. Its just tough to find medicated foods here in the states (I'd love to have an antibiotic food - the stuff I have treats both, and I don't want to use it for just bacterial infections you know?).

*grin* And not a prob posting the name of the place. Not like you're advertising (which would be a different story!); I'm asking :)

Back
Top Bottom