Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Molly with Swim Bladder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abick

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I’m a new member so I’m not sure if I’m posting this in the right place. I’m just feeling a bit desperate.
My poor platy fish isn’t well at all. I’m almost certain she’s got swim Bladder as she was swimming around, nose down. I have separated her from my other platys (so they can’t arrack her) but she is in a smaller tank in the same aquarium.
She has recently had fry (as far as I know she’s only given birth once before.)
Apart from her not being able to stay horizontal her colour, eyes and fins looked normal.
I did a 1/3 water change, didn’t feed flakes for 2 days then fed her softened, organic peas, which she ate. I have made sure there is a good oxygen supply.
The rest of the fish are swimming around looking perfectly healthy,
I have been trying my best to do all I can for her and nurse her back to health but this evening she’s not in a good way. She’s now floating at the bottom, on her side although still trying to eat when I have offered her food.
I hate seeing her suffer, is there anything possible I could do to save her? ? any advice would be greatly appreciated. It breaks my heart seeing her like this. Thankyou x

Could you provide as much of the information requested on the "unhealthy fish" sticky please.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/before-posting-about-unhealthy-fish-read-this-32451.html

On the face of it you are going through the rights steps to treat swim bladder.

- 3 days fasting.
- 4th day feed skinned pea.
- Up the water change schedule, pristine water will help.

The only route from here is medication suitable for swim bladder. You could try adding a little aquarium salt. I normally wouldnt want to medicate a main display tank though.

Back
Top Bottom