anyone have a hard time keeping dwarf gourmai alive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeysuckle11

Aquarium Advice Freak
i got 2 dwarf gourami from petco. The one gourmai had swim bladder disease with the first 2 weeks. Now its coming up on a month and i feel like my second one is getting it. But he swims fine and eats fine. But his mouth is always opening like he need air. Anyone ever have a problem like this with there dwarf gourami? I hear there hard to keep alive is that true?

nope i had mine from Nov - March or April but then he decided to wedge him self into a hole in an ornment and get stuck

Mine thried that 2 times. lol But i got him out. I was told best way to get them is from a breeder. Anyone ideas of what i can do to maybe make him relax or something?

Firebird23 said:
Mine thried that 2 times. lol But i got him out. I was told best way to get them is from a breeder. Anyone ideas of what i can do to maybe make him relax or something?

mine ripped his dorsal fin and all scales off his head he just couldnt recover id say add a little stress coat mabye

Mine looks really like wide as soon as u get past the gills and the goes bac in on both sides. He doesnt want to eat much. i put stress coat in the water guess well see. i mean all my other fish are fine.

Firebird23 said:
Mine looks really like wide as soon as u get past the gills and the goes bac in on both sides. He doesnt want to eat much. i put stress coat in the water guess well see. i mean all my other fish are fine.

might be SBD or bloating try giiviin a shelled pea or espom salt

the last one i had that i got with him had sbd. I tried peas and salt and didnt work. would eat the peas and the salt made hime worst. Can u really cure them from it?

i forget the sell i got him from had give me some salt for free with is the salt they use in there tanks. I mean how can u tell its if bloating or sbd? i mean i know sbd is starts to try sides and swimming and starts to point up and down.

it's probly aquarium salt very different from espom salt espom salt is basically a fish laxative if done right. as for SBD the fish will start to swim funny as in sideways or on its side having difficulty swimming to surface etc. bloating simply just looks bloated distended stomach etc pics if an option would help

Gourami

here are pics of my gourami. U can see in the one pic how hw looks bloated on the sides.

Attachments

• fishing 153.jpg
    fishing 153.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 60
  • fishing 152.jpg
    fishing 152.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 61
  • fishing 151.jpg
    fishing 151.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom