Ap.Cockato with sunk in belly area??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I have 7m old male Apisto Cockato, This morning or yesterday morning he was fine, I went to clean the tank up and change it by adding some drift wood to the tank. I noticed that the male wasn't swimming to good. I took some pictures I'll post in a few. But now after 70% water. He's still not eatting and his belly area looked more sunking in then before.
I took him out of the tank and moved him to a 2g QT and I.m Not doseing him with a Anti-Bacteria medachie { by AP aquarium products } .

Has anyone ever used this me?

If so how long before you seen?

In this picture you can tell his belly area is already drawing in.
ef273d22.jpg

Then this shoot you can see the start of a knot starting to form in the back of the belly area.
ef273d24.jpg

Thanks before hand and the help. Can someone tell what it is he mit have. I know it's more of a guess then anything . But I'll take the guess. It's better then nothing.

If he's eating and still losing weight, that sounds like a parasite to me. I don't think antibiotics will do any good. I've heard people here recommend Jungle medicated anti parasite food, if you can get him to eat.

Good luck with treating him. He is a beautiful fish.

I would have agree that is sounds like a parasite. Check the link Menagerie has provided as we can't see the fish as you can. If you do agree that is seems parasitic, I have had great success with Jungle's parasite clear.

BTW that is a gorgeous fish. I've never seen one before.

both of my bolivian rams have their bellies a little like that, but my GBRs are round. If it's a recent change, I would recommend the parasite clear, just in case.

Weasel F,

One important thing when trying to determine if parasites are the cause is noting the texture and color of the feces. White stringy feces can indicate hexamita or other intestinal parasites, as can segmented feces (think of a string of sausages). If you suspect an internal parasite the best remedy is to treat with medicated food.

If he is still eating, try the Jungle anti-parasite pellets. If your fish will only eat flakes, you could try Gel Tek Ultra Cure PX - soak the flakes in a few drops.

Sometimes a fish can lose weight due to an internal bacterial infection... Maracyn 2 supposedly works well for that.

Back
Top Bottom