API General cure safe at higher temps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flatty

Aquarium Advice Regular
I foolishly got a couple fish from the LFS and foolishly assumed that since they came from the same tank my healthy fish had come from that they were healthy. I know now I was wrong (and I purchased a 10gal tank for any future QT's). Shortly after the fish arrives I noticed white spots on the find sof my black neon tetras, because I have a bristlenose and I have plants I decided to try the heat approach and raised tank to 86ish. I was hoping that this was just a case of passing ich but then the honey dwarf gourami we added started having white stringy poo (LFS said it was fine). I went out and bought a 10gal tank and some API general cure so I could pop that fish in a hospital tank and hopefully address whatever the issues where. Well my wife called and the fish passed before I got back home from work. So now with the tank at 86 degrees I face the possibility that there are some parasites in there(aside from ich). I have some API General Cure and wonder if it is safe to put in at the raised temperature? Will it be ok with my fish (ram, bristlenose pleco, tetras, and one rainbow fish)?

I would'nt treat the fish if you don't know if there's anything wrong with them. The temp. at 86 should kill the ich

Lost another fish today. Red eye tetra was dead when I got home and how I have noticed a red (blood) spot next to one of the fins of my ram. seems whatever it is I am dealing with two problems. Any advice? I cant get to an aquarium store as they are all closed this late.

CAM00571.jpg

Last edited:
3 months. It is a 36 gal bow front. I change out 25 ish percent of water a week (10 gallons). nitrates and nitrates are 0 but for some reason when I just checked the ammonia is somewhere between 0 and .25 ppm. It is usually zero so I don't know why it is up unless it was from the deceased fish being in there half the day or the fact that we had just fed the fish right before the water test. I did a 10 gallon water change friday night perhaps I didnt put enough drops of the chlorine remover?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom