Apple Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

queenieee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all I posted in another forum because my ammonia levels are spiked really high (it is an established tank, so I'm trying to figure out in the other forum what's going on...:() Anyway, with the ammonia spike, my Apple Snails are doing really really bad. I want to take them out of the aquarium and put them in a different tank that so I can manage their health, I'm just wondering if anyone knows, do they have to have filtered water, or can I put them in an aquarium without a filter and just do partial water changes and keep the food particles out. I have a 2 gallon I can easily use as a hospital tank, I just need to know if I should fully set it up or if I can just put them in it without the filter running. I know I will need to put the heater on, so like I said, just trying to figure out how much set should be done. Thanks so much.

queenieee said:
Hi all I posted in another forum because my ammonia levels are spiked really high (it is an established tank, so I'm trying to figure out in the other forum what's going on...:() Anyway, with the ammonia spike, my Apple Snails are doing really really bad. I want to take them out of the aquarium and put them in a different tank that so I can manage their health, I'm just wondering if anyone knows, do they have to have filtered water, or can I put them in an aquarium without a filter and just do partial water changes and keep the food particles out. I have a 2 gallon I can easily use as a hospital tank, I just need to know if I should fully set it up or if I can just put them in it without the filter running. I know I will need to put the heater on, so like I said, just trying to figure out how much set should be done. Thanks so much.

I would personally use a filter as their poop machines lol

Back
Top Bottom