Apple snails and Melafix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capt.Gorilla

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know is melafix is harmful to apple snails?

Ususally my apple snail is very frisky, jumping off my plants and exploring but ust recently I noticed one of my cories had some split fins so I rushed out got some melafix and started treating.
Yesterday was the second dose and I noticed my apple snail at the bottom kind of convulsing, just jutting in and out of his shell, I was very worried.
I picked him up and put him 1/2 out of the water and he clung to the glass but today he's just been sitting in his shell (he never does).
I'm very worried about him, he's some how become the center of attention in my tank.

*i have also noticed him recently leaving a lot of slime near the top of the tank, my goldie usually eats it quick though ewwww.

I've used Melafix and Pimafix together for the past week and it hasn't harmed my snails that I can tell. It does seem irritate the fish if they swim through the concentrated stuff as I pour it in. Maybe your snail just got a strong shot of it.

Back
Top Bottom