¡AY! Whats wrong with my gbr!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today I noticed a small-ish white bumb above my gbr's mouth. I've had him for about 3 weeks, doing good, eating, nice colors, no aggresssion that I can see. I do see a couple small tears in his fins tough. I'm hoping he just bumped his head and it will go away with some clean water. Whats wrong? I'm worried:nono:
you can see the bumb and torn fin:
33965-albums9299-picture36600.jpg

more bump:
33965-albums9299-picture36599.jpg

more lol:
33965-albums9299-picture36598.jpg

EDIT: I'm thinking it was some kind of short aggression outbreak overnight because I jst noticed a few scales missing on one of my little angels.

Can anyone help me out here? No one knows what this could be?

I know it's only been two hours, but still

This is a guess, but it could be an injury. Sometimes one of my angels gets a similar injury after spawning (angel courtship is a bit abusive sometimes). Assuming its not fuzzy or anything, I would just let it be for now and see if it heals up. Torns fins should heal pretty quick in clean water. Sometimes the fish just need to figure out who is in charge. if you see more damage though, it might be time to intervene.

absolutangel04 said:
This is a guess, but it could be an injury. Sometimes one of my angels gets a similar injury after spawning (angel courtship is a bit abusive sometimes). Assuming its not fuzzy or anything, I would just let it be for now and see if it heals up. Torns fins should heal pretty quick in clean water. Sometimes the fish just need to figure out who is in charge. if you see more damage though, it might be time to intervene.

I hope that's what it is. It came on overnight, I don't think fungus would form that fast. It is not fuzzy or cottony. Just a bump.

Yeah, I hope to get most angels out soon :) although I do not see any aggression when in around. We'll see and I hope everything heals up. I can't loose this gbr!

Absolutangel, how long does it take for you to see improvment on your angels? when they get the bump during mating?

I see a little Thing hanging off it. It's very small, but doesn't look like a worm.

Alright, I seriously need someones help now. I just looked and I see a fuzzy thing on his head. Its only visible from the side though. But the light was off, so i could be wrong. But how do I treat a fungal infection? I've read that a salt bath can help, is this true?

I do, but no filter. I've been doing daily pwcs and it looks to be a little better, just a little. I've also pm'd Mumma.of .two a little and she thinks it's an injury that got infected. Il continue daily 50% pwcs and see.

Yeah, I am sure its an infected injury as well. Sometimes just clean water can help clear stuff like up, but if it gets worse you will need to use a med of some sort.
Let us know how it goes and if anything changes.

absolutangel04 said:
Yeah, I am sure its an infected injury as well. Sometimes just clean water can help clear stuff like up, but if it gets worse you will need to use a med of some sort.
Let us know how it goes and if anything changes.

Yep. I'll keep it up. Ill keep you posted on his progress.

Amazing. Looks 10x better today. Both bump/white patchy things are getting smaller!

Update on progress.

Came home today to him sitting on the sand, breathing kinda hard. I don't know what to do now. I'm doing a larger pwc tonight to see if it would help at all.

He did not make it. Thanks for your help Absolutangel :) I wish I could have done more though

Thanks guys :)

Yeah, I seem to have problems with rams. No more for me, I'll just stick to some nice apistos :)

Back
Top Bottom