Bactericide = fish death. normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amitnarain

Aquarium Advice Freak
i put bactericide in my tank but in the morning i find 2 of my tinfoil dead and the other one near to die. it is still struggling and swimming upturned. however my pacu and 2 parrot fish are alright.

also 3 (all i had) pencil fish died.

can i continue the treatment? the bactericide has been given by my LFS and had to kill white spot disease.

please help.
should i continue using it?
did i overdose? btw is overdose of that product = death of fish?
as far as i know i put the correct prescribed dose on the box in my tank.

thanks.

Have you tested your water for ammonia? the medication most likely killed your beneficial bacteria in your tank.. in other words your going to be starting your cycle over after you remove the medication, AC, after the "white spot disease" is gone, wich sounds alot like ich wich you could have treated with heat and or salt and avoided this mess..

btw. you need to rid yourself of the pacu.. Im sure Ive posted this in every tread that you said you had it but it will get huge and kill your fish if not bite you and send you to the hospital..

THANK U . but i really like my pacu u c. when it gets big i will put it in my uncles pond. so no problem. i will try not to but my finger in the water.

If your uncles pond is a natural pond, fishing pond, it is likely illegal to release it... Big Nasty fines and jail time.. if its a koi pond It will likely kill all of his fish before the winter kills it.. either way your likley going to have dead fish.. its best to get the pacu to someone who has a big enought tank... 600+ gallons or sell it..

well he's got a pacu pond. with more than 12 feet pacus in it. btw they become quite ugly when they get big (they lose their red colours) 0X

Back
Top Bottom