Bad case of Popeye-Lemon Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

P.aniemoniam

Aquarium Advice Newbie
In serous need of help!

My Lemon Cichlid has popeye. I talked to my local pet store and they gave me Melafix to treat him. Ive been doing it for over a week and his eye has only gotten worse. I notice he was hanging around the top of the tank so i moved him to a 10 gallon on his own because the other fish were really harping on him.

His eye is grown 2 times the size it was in the week and is clouded over. In the past day hes gone down hill A LOT, he is no longer swimming around a lot but mostly laying on the bottom. Hes stopped eating as of yesterday.

Please any information would be a great help. This fish is the one i dont want to lose! This is the fish that got me into cichlids.

He is also deformed. Well thats what the store called him. He looks like a Lemon Cichlid but his mouth and front of his face look like a parrot Cichlid.
This has never effected him at all since ive had him(Way over a year and a half).

Thank you for any advice!

I know the chances are slim at this point to save him and i know im most likely going to lose him but any chance to help him, im willing to take!

Back
Top Bottom