Bad News....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I didn't have the heart to put him down just yet, he is actually resting now, which he hasn't done in 4 days, so I am not sure if he's getting worse, or feeling better. He is not "gasping" at the surface for air anymore, he is actually hiding from the bright light like he used to. But he is still not eating. I will see how it goes today. Thanks for asking :)

Thanks!!! :) Glad I didn't decide to put him down last night! I am going to keep changing some of the water every day, to make sure it stays really clean. :)

glad to hear its doing better.

just dont let this scare you next time just let it cure longer.

Elvis has made a full recovery! YAYY! He is back to his normal self, begging for food, pestering the loaches, etc. That's my boy! What a tough fish....

It is generally a good idea to let the silicone cure for 24 hours. Yes it may say water proof after 8 hours but it is still not fully cured yet. I've had my fish in my tank with DIY background (which I used GE Silicon I Window and Door on) for 2 weeks now with no problem (knock on wood).

Also another user mentioned the smell of the silicone should be gone. This is not necessarily the case as I soaked my tank for a couple months because of the cement on the background and before I put the fish back in, I could still smell the silicone.

Why not? just let them cure in the air for a day, like do it before work one night and the next time before work it will be cured. Patience is a big asset in this hobby DK.

Patience is what I have little of lol.
Hey, you gonna be wanting some mystery snails? I have a feeling I am going to be having a pile of them soon haha!

I'm resealing a 72 G. Bowfront this weekend with the GE1 silicon. I'm gonna let it cure for 3-4 days... if I can stand that it is... :D My big order from Dr.F-S comes tomorrow! I'll start a new thread when I have it all in place.

I got some assassins who might want em but not me I still got thousands of MTS.

thousands. did find one that is exactly 1.7" long he is a monster. the assassins let him pass all the time.

I have a few monsters myself! I noticed that the more food they have, the bigger they get. The ones in my betta tanks are still small, but the ones in the other tanks are getting HUGE! I don't think many are over an inch or so though.
I am not giving these babies away for eating! ACK!

Back
Top Bottom