Been treating this for 15 days as ich.. is it not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dumbleek

Aquarium Advice Newbie
TLDR: What is this? I thought it was ich, but people told me it doesn't look like ich - they are unsure what it is. :huh:

15 days ago I noticed these white dots on my fish (1st pic). I assumed it was ich, so I bumped the temperature up from 76 to 80. After about 6 days, it seemed to be getting worse and his tail was falling apart, so I started treatment with imagitarium's parasite remedy. I picked this because the tank also has inverts. Today, he is looking increasingly worse and I was told by a few people on another forum that this doesn't look like ick anymore. The other 3 fish in the tank (another guppy and 2 cories - dw they will be in a larger group soon I have 7 in quarantine) don't seem bothered at all. It doesn't look fluffy and it isn't nearly as shiny in person, it's just very difficult to get a picture. The guppy also eats just fine and acts fine.

https://imgur.com/a/PfNTw3c

TLDR: What is this? I thought it was ich, but people told me it doesn't look like ich - they are unsure what it is. :huh:

15 days ago I noticed these white dots on my fish (1st pic). I assumed it was ich, so I bumped the temperature up from 76 to 80. After about 6 days, it seemed to be getting worse and his tail was falling apart, so I started treatment with imagitarium's parasite remedy. I picked this because the tank also has inverts. Today, he is looking increasingly worse and I was told by a few people on another forum that this doesn't look like ick anymore. The other 3 fish in the tank (another guppy and 2 cories - dw they will be in a larger group soon I have 7 in quarantine) don't seem bothered at all. It doesn't look fluffy and it isn't nearly as shiny in person, it's just very difficult to get a picture. The guppy also eats just fine and acts fine.

https://imgur.com/a/PfNTw3c

It may not be Ich, it could be another bacteria,

It is not uncommon for some illnesses to take a month, or even two to clear. So just monitor your fishes behavior, if the fish is behaving normally, eating, swimming, just keep treating, keeping the water clean, and wait.

It sucks, but ya, sometimes it can take a while for those things to go away.

Back
Top Bottom