beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lado078

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My partner decided to get an aquarium,left him to it.Now 6 weeks down the line am hooked. Problem some fish not well,the noen teras have all got fungus at different stages,one platty died unexpectedly with no signs then one ram cichlid died after 24hrs of looking ill(damaged).The ones that seem ok are the plattys that are left,the guppies and the black phantom tetras. I decided to test the water of tank (with little experience i may add)and the nitrite,nitrate and ammonia have little or no trace but the ph shows the highest on the chart 9.0-9.5. We have a 125l tank with many living plants,gravel and one rock of some kind. We also used(under the advice of the people at the store we bought them from) tonic salt and protozin. As advised when setting up/water changes/introducing new fish we use nutrafin aqua plus and nutarfin cycle and lastly we feed them once/twice a day with nutrafin max complete flaked tropical food. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADVISE XXX

Sometimes when u buy fish look for healthy 1s and make sure the shop owners dont give u the bad 1s. they r ment to quaretine there tanks when they got a disease or anything. How many fish u got in your tank, there is chemicals to to treat fungas but please read it before u buy to make sure it dont harm anything.I have had mistakes in the past found it harms something else like we all do make mistakes in the past its about learning. How many fish u got in your tank name all fish and how many u got?

Welcome to AA. You would get more responses if you posted in the Freshwater section.

Sometimes when u buy fish look for healthy 1s and make sure the shop owners dont give u the bad 1s. they r ment to quaretine there tanks when they got a disease or anything. How many fish u got in your tank, there is chemicals to to treat fungas but please read it before u buy to make sure it dont harm anything.I have had mistakes in the past found it harms something else like we all do make mistakes in the past its about learning. How many fish u got in your tank name all fish and how many u got?
First thank you for replying. In order of purchase
5 neon teras(unknown gender)
5 black phantom teras(one female)
2 ram cichlids(female died)
5 guppies(all male)
3 corydoras(unknown gender)
6 plattys(3 female although one died)

My partner got all the above before i got involved and now thinks he has been too keen and has not got the right mix/gender etc

Back
Top Bottom