Believe to be parasite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tizzle240

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey Everyone,

i was cleaning my filters yesterday and noticed some of the water from the old filter contained these white worms, they almost look like they have arms or antenna or something.

Does anyone know what they are so i can try and fix it. 1 of my koi is acting a little weird so it makes me think its some kind of parasite.

Attachments

• 20180723_190158.jpg
    20180723_190158.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 43
They are worms....not sure the kind...but usually pop up in dirty tanks. I don't believe they harm fish though. Might get some further advice on here from other members more versed in this.

They are worms....not sure the kind...but usually pop up in dirty tanks. I don't believe they harm fish though. Might get some further advice on here from other members more versed in this.

Thanks,

I learned from a member earlier my original setup was severely lacking,

The 4 koi were originally in a 10g tank with a 100gph rated filter. so i know much better now, lol

They are atleast now in 29g with about 200gph standard filter, and im not sure how to see the rating on the corner filter since its based off the air pump.

I will get them in the pond soon and keep an eye out for any other worms.

Back
Top Bottom