Beta/siamese fighter stopped swimming about

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TASHANCRAIG

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone help my siamese fighter has stopped swimming and is up the top of the surface near the filter and he wont rally eat anything too ????? Before today he was swimming about bullying all my other fish

What are you water parameters? What is your water changing schedule? How warm is the water? What other fish are in there?

What are you water parameters? What is your water changing schedule? How warm is the water? What other fish are in there?

ammonia 0 nitrites 0.3 nitrates 12.5 ph 7.4 temp is at 86 will be putting it back down in few days 1 of my platies had ich. he was ok with the temp change as its been there for over a wk. i have neons guppies platies dwarf gouramis dalmation mollies golden panchax and a golden nugget pleco. all fish got on well the siamese used to chase them all off flaring his gills at them was funny now he is hardly moving and not eating ?????

How long have you had him?

He may be stressed... bettas do better alone or in a situation where they can have lots of their own space.

Do you have a QT tank or a small setup you could put him in? As long as it's heated, you could get away without a filter if you do several 50% PWCs weekly. If he perks up when housed by himself, it's time he gets his own "room"-- a nice 3-5 gallon tank will do. They love live plants, too, so it's a good excuse to play with aquascape!

Back
Top Bottom