Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-17-2004, 10:44 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Christmasfish Send a message via Skype™ to Christmasfish
Betta crisis- averted....back-broken

My daughter was doing some tank maintainence and came down to ask for the camera to catch her bad girl flaring...
Her brother knocked the cup and betta went sloshing behind the 7x2x6 wall unit. As we check drawers ans shelves he assures us she went behind. Daughter is in panic since this is the favorite of the bettas (the one that bit the cat).Heave-Ho! I try to assure her that the few minutes to take heavy things off the shelves above my head will not be critical.
I get a 3 inch gap from the wall while nervous squawking is all around me. I reach to a dark blotch and touch it. I get a nasty pinch to the knuckle...yep that is her alright! So I made her flip angrily into the direction of freedom and she was rinsed and returned to her tank. She was so darkened she looked black. Literally in ablack mood. She is now rushing the glass and flaring at everything.
And I now think I pulled something... oooh mah aykin bayck!
Meanwhile, earlier, we rushed to get another tank as all these darn beasts get springtime randy.

Think I almost wanna go to bed now.... I am beat!

Mega-pet stores prolly should not be allowed to sell animals as retail "items".
Christmasfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry to hear it, but that is one spunky little girl you've got there!

Old 03-17-2004, 11:59 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm glad it turned out OK - that's one feisty betta!
But, you really should have sent that walking bichir of yours on a search and rescue mission - make him earn his keep by saving your back. :P
Old 03-18-2004, 12:19 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
But, you really should have sent that walking bichir of yours on a search and rescue mission - make him earn his keep by saving your back.
Now, that would be helpful!!

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 01:34 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Christmasfish Send a message via Skype™ to Christmasfish
Heh.. poor wu, even if I could coax him to do such a thing; he'd have probably got a nostril antennae removed for his trouble....he is not yet big enough to handle her...^_^ and I m sure he'd eat her just to shut her up. She huff and puffs so much she can actually make hissy sounds. The first croaking betta in history....

I am waiting to put the last wash load into thge dryer..my back is barkin!
I did a lot of changing this week. Something killed all the weak pansy plants leaving the good ol Java and the apto whatsit. I need Java fern instead of riccia (least til I have better lighting on the tanks). Or maybe the foxtail imploding shreds killed the riccia. I was tired of daily water changes because dead veggies. I threw it all in the puddle pond that was a sand box last year. too bad...it really made the tanks look nice and java fern is harder to get hold of. Least my water clarity cleared like magic when I took the faltering plants out. Less than 24 hours and one can now read the heater brand.

Old 03-18-2004, 02:26 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

So glad to hear your betta's all right. That's quite a scenario you had going on there. That's all right though. It entertains us, and I'm sure it will entertain many others even years from now as the story gets passed along.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:01 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

LOL I freak out when I drop a betta or they jump out! I'am trying to grab them and there flapping around... its a nightmare

hope your back ok!
ashley
Old 03-18-2004, 11:20 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Christmasfish. you sure have a lot of fish related drama 8O

*15H marine*
-30# Live Rock
-Mixed Snails (Nassarius // Cerith // Astrea // Black Turbo // Mexican Turbo)
-8x Blue Leg Hermit Crabs // 1x Banded Serpent Star // 1x Cleaner Shrimp
-1x Royal Gramma // 1x Percula Clownfish
-2x Mushroom Leather // Metallic Green Star Polyps // Pulsing Xenia // Striped Xenia // Blue Mushroom
-Remora + Maxi-Jet 1200 // 2x Maxi-Jet 600 // Maxi-Jet 400 // Visi-Therm Deluxe 50 // Current USA Orbit 2x 40w PC
grimlock3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 11:33 AM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Uuuh, my back still has a pinchy spot this morning. The weather doesn't help any.
It is dropped into 50s and POURING! Bleh! The sand box is overfilled already and the street puddle is in my drive.
My daughter was actually going to walk to school in it... I assured her, to wake me at 8 instead of my customary 9 in order to have me drive her, wouldn't be earth shattering or draw my ire. SheeZ! She knew I was up late doing laundry.

No wonder everything is breeding left and right! They are pairing up for the Ark!!
Guess they forgot they are fish an don nee no steekin ark!
Sigh....
My lfs guy has me in his traget sights now...I askeed what kind can he get...now knowing angels are in my future is like..hey how bout one of these 55's for 80? If you grab those two wilds now..it would be fiine for a while....
And my daughter wants the bright blue 7 inch long Lake cichlid. Maybe a tropheus? I told her uh-uh! Either she will have her salt tamk and Tangs PR bright lake cichlids. I won't let her have both no matter how much money she makes...(no space!) Plus she cant have a seahorse with the cichlids. ^_^

Get thee back evil one!

Tags
betta

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com