Betta Fin Rot please help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lanasfishies96

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my Betta caught what I believe is fin Rot and was very bad the other night laying on the bottom of the tank breathing funny and so I got melafix treatment and put it in my 10G community tank and he started to act more normal after a while. Now he is back in his Betta tank and is acting better but he has white mucous looking stuff on his tail and a white spot on his eye and on the top of his head. Am I treating this correctly or what? Also what is this white stuff?IMG_9839.jpg

I'm sorry but I can't tell from the photo what it might be. If you suspect it's fungal you could try adding the other API product Pimafix (it's a mild antifungal) along with the Melafix. Are you seeing any signs of disease on the fish in the community tank? Have you had to deal with ich or any other infections in the community tank?

That's good. If you decide it's fungal then hopefully something mild like the Pimafix will catch it. If not, at least you can treat him with something stronger without putting it into the community tank.

Back
Top Bottom