Betta Fin Rot Treatment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bud29

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all, my sister's betta fish has gotten fin rot. What are some good treatments? I know melafix hurts the labyrinth organ. Would salt help? What are some medications?

Clean water with frequent PWC are generally good for fun rot.

Has anything changed to stress the Betta out?

Is the fin rot fuzzy white at the effected areas? If so could be fungal and may need antibiotics.

Jon

Alright, I will have her do pwcs.

I left on a one week trip, and my sister didn't know how to do water changes, but my mom did. I told my sister to tell my mom to teach her how to do water changes. I told her to do 2 while I was gone. She did zero. I just got home and am filling up a bucket to do a water change.

There is no fuzzy white stuff on the affected spots.

Clean water and add a little salt to it and the fins should get better.

+1 I had a mini cycle in both of my betta tanks while I was gone because my husband didn't realize the filters needed to be primed after a power loss so the tanks were unfiltered. Both bettas got fin rot when the ammonia spiked. Daily water changes with a little bit of aquarium salt healed them both.

And if the water changes and salt don't do the trick(hopefully they will) I am 99% sure you can use melafix in a lower diluted amount. That's what I had to do with mine and I did a lot of research on it and he came out on top;) also I think you only use half the length of dosing as well

Back
Top Bottom