Betta fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fin35

Aquarium Advice Activist
I’ve have a Beta fish in a planted 10 gallon for 2.5 years now. I had him for about 10 months with embra tetras until I saw them nipping at his fins. I kept taking things out of the tank thinking he was hurting himself. So I brought them back to the fish store, he been alone on there with some snails doe over Bayern and his fins never recovered. He’s been getting white fuzz on his fins for the third time now. It goes away with anti bacterial medication. I have him on it again as it came back. He’s been resting and going onto his side a lot, abs looks unwell with split and broken fins. He’s still eating. Any suggestion? I also have some almond leaves and bark on there, but I can’t go overboard because I have snails who don’t like low PH. He’s still eating so I put his medication in his food. I can’t seem to add pictures here otherwise I would.

It sounds like you have removed anything that your betta could be catching his fins on. Is that correct?

Could he be biting his own fins?

Do you know your water parameters? What is your normal water change schedule?

How are you accessing the site? Desktop or mobile browser. IOS app? Android app? Tapatalk? If via browser you can go to "Go Advanced" to add a picture in the "Manage Attachments" area.

I have driftwood in there but it’s overEd in plants. He’d have to really try to hurt himself on that. It’s been 4 days on kanoplex and his fins are covered in white fuzz. I have snails, what can I do?

Back
Top Bottom