Betta fish diagnosis? Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hail_madde

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. I got this poor baby a few months ago and noticed she had pop eye.
She has a lot of trouble seeing especially NOW considering her eyes have only gotten worse.
Over the span of months, ive noticed growths starting to apear on her face, and now body and fins. (Fin rot Im assuming). It also seems that she may be pineconing?
Ive tried fungal medicine and everything, but nothing seems to work. And her tank temp is always at 80°.
She still eats and swims well, but clearly doesnt look well.
Any advice would mean A TON!

Attachments

• CYMERA_20200216_141642.jpg
    CYMERA_20200216_141642.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 67
  • CYMERA_20200216_141559.jpg
    CYMERA_20200216_141559.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 48
  • CYMERA_20200216_141535.jpg
    CYMERA_20200216_141535.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 52
  • CYMERA_20200216_141508.jpg
    CYMERA_20200216_141508.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 65
Hi,
I’m sorry to be the one to tell you this but at this point I don’t think there really is anything you can do to help her. At this point she’ll probably only live a few more days. I’m sorry.

Wow she’s got a lot going on.

At this point trying some kind of broad spectrum med with combined fungal/bacterial and parasitic targets is probably called for if she’s gunna have a chance. She’s in really really rough shape and it’s going to be tough to treat this late in the game.

What is the ‘ fungal medicine and everything ‘ you’ve tried. How much and how long etc. we need all that information.

Looks like she’s in a cup in the photo. I hope that was just for the pictures? What’s she living in and what are the water parameters numbers. (ammonia nitrite and nitrate?)

Wow she’s got a lot going on.

At this point trying some kind of broad spectrum med with combined fungal/bacterial and parasitic targets is probably called for if she’s gunna have a chance. She’s in really really rough shape and it’s going to be tough to treat this late in the game.

What is the ‘ fungal medicine and everything ‘ you’ve tried. How much and how long etc. we need all that information.

Looks like she’s in a cup in the photo. I hope that was just for the pictures? What’s she living in and what are the water parameters numbers. (ammonia nitrite and nitrate?)

She was in a cup because I was currently cleaning her tank. (Which is a 5 gallon.)

Ive never been the expert with nitrites and nitrates.
I only have simple water testing strips.
If i could get some info on products to help with that as well, that'd be great.

The medicines that ive been using are Seachem's Kanaplex and Tetra's fungus guard. All together ive tried to treat her for about 6 months. Ive dosed as the directions say to, as well.
Only 3 doses of kanaplex and half a fizzy tablet for 5 gals with the fungus guard. (No, i did not and have not mixed the medicines together.)

I know that she's in bad shape and ive done all kinds of research, but figure id get more help anyway.
Im prepared to put her down if i have to.

What do your strips test and what are the results.

Ok first things first read this one: https://www.aquariumadvice.com/i-just-learned-about-cycling-but-i-already-have-fish-what-now/

If you’re moving the betta to a cup to clean a tank I’m willing to bet it’s not a fully cycled tank. If you want to save this fish read that article and get test kits for ammonia nitrite and nitrate ASAP. No meds will help if water quality is bad which I suspect it likely is.

And if the fish doesn’t make it still read that article before you get any more!

After you’ve read about cycling you can let us know of you have more questions but ensuring the betta is in a cycled tank is priority one. After that I would research “broad spectrum” medications; maybe someone here can recommend something, since this fish has multiple issues going on.

What do your strips test and what are the results.

Ok first things first read this one: https://www.aquariumadvice.com/i-just-learned-about-cycling-but-i-already-have-fish-what-now/

If you’re moving the betta to a cup to clean a tank I’m willing to bet it’s not a fully cycled tank. If you want to save this fish read that article and get test kits for ammonia nitrite and nitrate ASAP. No meds will help if water quality is bad which I suspect it likely is.

And if the fish doesn’t make it still read that article before you get any more!

After you’ve read about cycling you can let us know of you have more questions but ensuring the betta is in a cycled tank is priority one. After that I would research “broad spectrum” medications; maybe someone here can recommend something, since this fish has multiple issues going on.

I don't plan on getting any more fish any time soon.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom