Betta Fish: He seems unhappy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LoveYouMadly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had my Betta fish in small, plastic container when it happened to break this morning and I went out and purchased a new tank, where it doesn't specify what size, but it's what I assume is around 1 gallon. I have only one male Betta, and he's always happy and swimming around, until tonight.

The new tank has a filter and a light, I had the filter on for a while and now I have just the light.

The issue? He's either leaning on the side of the tank, or laying sideways on the gravel. He'll get up and swim to the top, poke the surface and then go back to laying sideways on the gravel. He won't eat his food, either. Any clue on what's wrong?

Exta info: the first bowl didn't have a filter, light, or any gravel. This new one also has a fake plant, and a leaf hammock.

Both tanks, I used water clarifier. (Don't know how to spell it, sorry)

Last edited:
Well the tank isnt cycled then right? You have to do large water changes frequently using a water dechlorinater to help him! Asap!

I just filled up the tank and used dechlorinator a couple of hours ago... How often should I be changing a portion of the tank at the beginning?

And before in the small tank, he didn't have a filter, light, or heater, and he did perfectly fine.

I also have both the light and the filter running right now.

Now he's swimming around again, since I turned the filter back on. Hm...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom