Betta fish sickness need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADFlove91406

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi for the past 2 1/2 weeks my betta seem to have swimbladder infection I thought it was congestion so I fasted him and gave him a Pea but he didn't poop about a week after I did that he did poop and it was really thick but that is all he pooped now it's been about a week and a half from that and he still hasn't pooped and also his swimbladder through this whole process seemed swollen I tried Epsom salt baths I didn't really do anything I think it might be a bacterial swimbladder infection so I'm ordering kanaplex do you guys know what might be wrong with him and your reviews on kanaplex please let me know thanks

He doesn't float at the top or sink to much her does sink a little though when he moves he has a curve in his body and he has a bounce to the way he swims

IMG_2028.jpg
It's really hard for to see but this is a pic a few weeks ago I can get a pic of him today because my camera doesn't work anymore

Do you have a filter that pushes the water alot(fast)? Is he active? Have you tried soaking his food in garlic. Is there any other fish with him? What size tank?

Yes I do have a filter it is a whisper filter he is normally active he has become a bit less active no I haven't soaked his food and garlic what soaking in garlic do I do soak his pellets and water for 10 minutes let them expand to their full and cut them into fourths he is not in the tank with any other fish I have a one and a half gallon I want to get a bigger tank but I can't right now because we are moving[emoji853]

How long have you had him? Make sure the flow of the filter isn't to much. And I'd try to not feed him for a day. Change the water. And when you do feed him boil the pea's and make sure there's no skin when feeding. Soaking his food in garlic helps build the immune system. And they love it. I don't do it all the time. Just when I think I need to.

Back
Top Bottom