Betta from store w fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Parsely

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I recently got a new beta fish from a pet store. It appears he has a bit of fin rot.

Should I look to treat this immediately with medications or would him moving from his little cup he was in at the store to our bigger cleaner tank at home be enough to help?

Is this the same betta as your other thread?

If its a choice between treating in the cup or moving the fish to its tank and maintaining clean water i would opt for the tank.

A quarantine tank and treating in there would be the best option if possible.

No that Betta unfortunately passed away before the medication you suggested arrived, the aquarium salt I had put in must have not been enough for him. When thinking about what might have happened more is I’m guessing a food pellet got stuck in the intake of the filter and he tried to get it really damaging his mouth in the process. I put a sponge over the intake now, to prevent this from happening again.

I picked up another one from the store, he seems happy and healthy but his fins seem a bit frayed along the edges. I’m not sure if it is fin rot or not but I am just wondering if it would be best to wait and see how he does in the 5 gallon tank I have for him or attempt to treat it right away. I was thinking maybe just being out of the little cup they kept him in and into a bigger tank would be enough for it to improve.

Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom