Betta glass surfing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackberry75

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Big Mad has surfed the glass since day one. I'm concerned this isn't healthy behavior. To try and lessen it I've put him in a larger aquarium (from 5 to 10g), added more plants, dither fish. Some ghost shrimp babies and snails hitchhiked on the plants despite quarantine. I've bought and made toys that are rotated weekly-though he isn't interested in most of them. There's a floating log and a sunken one he can swim through or rest\hide in. He surfs less now, but it's still the majority of his day.

How concerned should I be? How normal is this? He's not flaring so I don't think it's him seeing his reflection.

I forgot to put water parameters.

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5
Kh: 3
Gh: 8
Ph: 7.6
Temp: 76F

I forgot to put water parameters.

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5
Kh: 3
Gh: 8
Ph: 7.6
Temp: 76F

Play around with some other things. Take temp down a touch, add some aeration, reduce light, reduce flow. Any vibrations around the tank? Etc

Play around with some other things. Take temp down a touch, add some aeration, reduce light, reduce flow. Any vibrations around the tank? Etc
It's currently in the living-room while I get the basement set up for all my tanks (fish and land hermit crabs). My kids are healthy and active, so probably a lot of vibrations. I'll try some of your suggestions. Thx

Back
Top Bottom