Betta has a spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ldaniel

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,
My betta has a white spot growing out of his head. I have no idea what this could be. He has shown no signs of being sick at all. Color is still good, he eats everything he can get at, and he has not stoped or even slowed his swimming at all (sorry for the fuzzy pic).
Any ideas of what is going on with him?
37528-albums1609-picture12832.jpg

It might be fungus. Also, he looks wayyyy too full of food. :(
What is your water changing schedule? Is he alone in the tank? What size is the tank?

It might be fungus. Also, he looks wayyyy too full of food. :(
What is your water changing schedule? Is he alone in the tank? What size is the tank?
The bulge on his side is his fin. I didnt feed them the day that I took the pic.
It is a 25g tall; there are about 20 ghost shrimp, 2 dwarf African frogs, and a Kory cat. There is also a large mystery snail and I am currently having a small pond snail outbreak.
The water change schedule is 15-20% every 9 days; my work schedule will not allow me to do them on any better of a schedule.

Ok whew, I guess I should pay more attention to the pic!
If you can't change the water more often, you might want to start changing more, like 50%. I am pretty sure you aren't overcrowded, your betta has a ton of room to swim around, and that makes me so happy!
Is the spot flat or fuzzy?

Although most of the shrimp are babies. The spot is like a piece of string is stuck in his head. sorry but i cant explain it any better than that. it is sticking out.

Well, that could be a parasite, and you would need to treat. Have you looked online for pics of fish parasites and seen if that is something he has?

I looked and found some sites that say it could be a fungal issue. There is no other signs on the other fish that it is parasites. I have moved him into a 5g QT. I will try and treat it there for fungas. We'll see how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom