Betta has huge stomach! might be constipated.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A frozen pea for starters. Nuke it for a couple of seconds, peel and make into bite size portions.

Any scales sticking out fromt he skin at all?

First thing to do is test your parameters. Dropsy is usually a sign something is not right. Second do a large water change at least 50%. Then add medication such a maracynII. Good luck, dropsy is very hard to treat.

Is dropsy contagious? he's in a community tank he just came out of the breeding tank a week ago and he seemed fine until yesterday. I really want him to live he's a cardinal red halfmoon and i spent sixty bucks on the little bugger and it'll really suck if he dies.

It depends on the reason the fish has dropsy since it is a symptom and not really a disease. Tropical Fish Dropsy - Fish Dropsy Symptoms, Causes, and Cure I have used epsom salt to treat dropsy the betta lived another 6 months and developed it again the fish died. It was probably caused by old age since I had the fish for nearly 4 years when it died.

Back
Top Bottom