Betta trouble. Swim bladder? Spinal deformation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TonyEnr

Aquarium Advice Regular
image-4082741033.jpg

This is my gf's dragon scale betta... It has been perfectly fine for months and out of nowhere it's back is like bent and it can't swim up to get food. What's the deal? Anyone see this before and know what it is and how to treat it or how it is caused? Please help.

That happened to my betta a few years ago. Sadly it ended up dying :/ I would do a water change and maybe dose with aquarium salt

How big is the tank? It looks pretty small. do you happen to know if a filter is being used on this tank? what about a heater?

This is my gf's dragon scale betta... It has been perfectly fine for months and out of nowhere it's back is like bent and it can't swim up to get food. What's the deal? Anyone see this before and know what it is and how to treat it or how it is caused? Please help.

It might have hurt itself trying to get to the betta on the other side of the glass. Barriers need to be black or they'll die trying to get to one another.

What size tank? Are both sides filtered & heated? Frequency of water changes & how much changed? How long has she had him? With the glass it doesn't appear there would be good water circulation if the tank were filtered & heated. Does he look bloated or like he's pine coning? If he's having trouble getting to the surface for food & air I would put him into something smaller so he can do both. You'll need to keep it warm & change the water probably daily. If his current tank is heated you can float the container in the tank, if not you'll need to figure out a way to heat it. if you float it I would make it a non see through to see if it makes any difference that he can't see what's on the other side of the glass. From the pic you posted it doesn't look like he has much cover from plants real or silk & that can cause stress to a Betta.

Back
Top Bottom