Betta with clear fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

galadriel48p

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had him since the end of August. I just finished an aquarium salt treatment for fin rot, and he hasn't started healing yet. I just noticed that where his fins used to be white are know clear/translucent. Is this part of fin rot? He's in a 2.5 gallon tank with a filter and heater, and I before using the salt I took out my anubia nana and moss ball. He was doing very well before the fin rot with no problems. Does anyone know what's happening? The first two pics are from when I first got him, second two are from today IMG_2169.jpgIMG_2170.jpgIMG_2289.jpgIMG_2288.jpg

Alot of times if fin rot gets too bad they will not heal right and look like they use to. 2.5g is harder to keep the water clean. Everyday to everyone day with water changes and keeping everything in tank clean of build up is highly recommended to keep him in great health. They are more sensitive than what alot of us think. 78-80 degrees heat will help with health too. Test your water before water changes everyday for a wk or 2 to know when water changes are needed so you can stay ahead of bad water quality before it gets bad.

Alot of times if fin rot gets too bad they will not heal right and look like they use to. 2.5g is harder to keep the water clean. Everyday to everyone day with water changes and keeping everything in tank clean of build up is highly recommended to keep him in great health. They are more sensitive than what alot of us think. 78-80 degrees heat will help with health too. Test your water before water changes everyday for a wk or 2 to know when water changes are needed so you can stay ahead of bad water quality before it gets bad.
His fin rot wasn't too bad to begin with. I just finished 100% water changes for 9 days. Should I be worried about it?

I wouldn't be. Betta's colors change from time to time. Could just be that. Just keep an eye on him. And when you do water changes at 100% try not to net him. A bowl works better and is less stress on them. Just keep him stress free give him some dry blood worms here and there he'll be fine. And Watch for black edges on the tips of fins.

I wouldn't be. Betta's colors change from time to time. Could just be that. Just keep an eye on him. And when you do water changes at 100% try not to net him. A bowl works better and is less stress on them. Just keep him stress free give him some dry blood worms here and there he'll be fine. And Watch for black edges on the tips of fins.

What does it mean if the edges are black? And how long does it take for fin regrowth or new color?

The black is rot. Usually when they're growing back it's a clear/white. It takes a while to grow back. The cleaner the water/tank the faster it grows. It takes some time though. Sometimes months.

Back
Top Bottom