Betta with fungus?! Help please! Urgent!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so I'm frustrated, it took me nearly a month to cycle my 5 gallon tank, I went to get a beautiful blue betta, it was doing great, but then what happens? It has a sort of fungus or mold, I barely saw it today, he was doing great, he has a lot, and one of his fins is clamped by the fungus added ick guard to see if it helps, I am going to run it a but with a latex glove so I can take some of the fungus out
Should I do a 50% water change? What else can I do?
Help please! Thanks

img_2768919_0_020b0833cf6a5ac9d7df6a1638a7b974.jpg
img_2768919_1_f724ce555542cdd2f591d9cf5d195150.jpg

He started to use the clamped fin again, help! Hes still not good though, I'm just going to do a 50% water change

Have you tried salt and heat method? Also there is medication that a lot of people seem to use that could help. I think it's called MelaFix? I only use medications or such if it's my only option. If you try salt and the heat method, only use half the dosage of aquarium salt for your tank. Don't use the whole tablespoon as betta's don't do well with salt. You should only add salt once because it doesn't evaporate out of the water and only replace it if you do a big water change. Heat should be up around 85 for a couple of days or until you notice improvement. This is what I used to treat ich for my betta's and they came out of it pretty well. If you go the medication route just follow the instructions on the bottle. Make sure to take your carbon out if you are using a filter.

I wouldn't do salt or melafix. Melafix is toxic to bettas.

Try daily water changed of 50 percent. Sometimes clean water is enough to let the immune system work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also this is going to sound weird but a product called parasite guard has antibiotics and an antifungal in it because it is designed to protect against "secondary bacterial and fungal infections" in addition to clearing parasites. Ive used it for several things over the years when I wasnt quite sure what was wrong for various ailments and its always worked for me. Its cheap too and you would only need half a tablet. Wait 48 hours and do a water change and then add another dose.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom