betta with ich and other fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thebluyak

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I rescued a betta from a girl that has ich, well here is the problem i dont have a heater for it to raise it to 86 degrees and im not going to put a sick fish in my 10 gallon tank just so i can raise the temp in there. Here is what I was thinking I could do, raise the temp in the 10 gallon to 86, run a syphin from the 10 gallon to the betta bowl. Run another syphin from the betta bowl to a bucket, which in theory should constantly exchange the water which should put the bettas water at 86 degrees, that way i can treat just it instead. the fish in my 10 gallon are 4 lemon 2 bloodfin tetras and a angel fish. (its getting moved to a 55 gallon when its done cycling) Would that work is it that just crazy?

raise the temp in the 10 gallon to 86, run a syphin from the 10 gallon to the betta bowl. Run another syphin from the betta bowl to a bucket, which in theory should constantly exchange the water
and you'll constantly be adding water to the 10 gal tank. What happens at night when the ambient temp in the room goes down and you can’t keep siphoning water? I don't see that working for the two+ weeks the treatment will be going on. If you have a large vase--one that can sit in the 10 gal and comes up above the water, the betta can live in there and the 10 gal tank would be at 86F. Daily water changes should be done for as long as the betta is in a bowl.

Back
Top Bottom