Betta with white gill area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FeebleFrog

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had my betta Monty for about a month now, got him from a store who were going to 'get rid' of him soon because he wasn't selling because of his "dull, orangey colour" as they put it. He wasn't looking too good at first, and I'm no fish expert but I did my best, gave him colour enhancing pellets and put him in a temporary 20L tank with some live plants and stuff (I'm planning to move him into my 40L once I move my fish in there into a 120L when that's set up and cycled).
He seemed to get a lot better his colours became a lot more vibrant, he's now a really deep red with little bits of blue, he swam around a lot and would sit on the little leaf hammock I got him and stare at my tv.
But recently I noticed he has a strange white colouring around his gill area, it's slightly raised too, it's not bright white, and I'm pretty sure it's not ich, also he isn't acting any differently, but being no expert I thought I'd ask for some advice
Anyone know of anything that can cause a white colour to appear around a bettas head?

Sorry for the long winded question and thanks in advance! :)

Back
Top Bottom