betta's fin rot coming back Urgent Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocktrns

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok I have a 10 gallon fish with
1 betta
3 zebra danio
4 Neon Tetras

It seems my betta was heaking and getting better from fin rot now his tail is seeming to be getting it back I dont know why the tank is cycles I do have a 1.5 gallon tank,but I dont have allot of waer conditioner,and the heater doesn't keep the tank warm like the 10 gallon tank heater does. The tank heater keeps the fish tank a 78 degrees F. I just added some Melafix to the whole 10 gallon tank so what do I do now? Partial Water change? here are some pictures please help,and its only messing with his back fin and nothing else is he biting it at night or are the other fish nipping him or is he scrapping it or is it fin rot.

r9iow1.jpg

anj8sy.jpg

258ulip.jpg

it doesn't look like rot to me. had bettas for a long time and there fins always looked like that. but i could be wrong.

Looks like the bettas is a crown tail betta. Means his tail should look like that. But really hard to tell. Can you get better pics?

Well, if the ends aren't curling up, I would say he's biting. Especially in the second pic of the last set you posted it looks like it. Sometimes male bettas will bite their tails because they are too heavy for them. Are you sure some of the other fish aren't nipping?
As for the temp, 78* is fine, 78*-80* is good for bettas. :)
The best cure for the regrowth is clean water, so I would get some conditioner ASAP. You can get a bottle of Seachem's Prime for around $10, and it treats something like 2700 gallons.

Well, if the ends aren't curling up, I would say he's biting. Especially in the second pic of the last set you posted it looks like it. Sometimes male bettas will bite their tails because they are too heavy for them. Are you sure some of the other fish aren't nipping?
As for the temp, 78* is fine, 78*-80* is good for bettas. :)
The best cure for the regrowth is clean water, so I would get some conditioner ASAP. You can get a bottle of Seachem's Prime for around $10, and it treats something like 2700 gallons.
Good I was real worried,but I do have like a cap in a half worth of Stress Coat Plus,and I dont know if there bitting his tail or not they seem to get along when I'm looking I don't know what goes on at night when the lights are off though.

he was healing already as you could see in the video I think he had fin rot when he was in his 1.5 gallon tank alone,but now I think he could have just been biting it.

Back
Top Bottom