Bettas Fins Disappearing FAST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HKW

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New to the forum, this advice is my lat hope in saving my fish. My new tank has had a new betta moved in 2 weeks ago. I have done single water change but his fins are going quick. The tank is filtrated and heated. it is a 1.5 gal. On a side note could you please identify my beta tail type.
Any help will be appreciated,
Harvey.

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 50
Whoops, The photos arent showing for some reason

i have not had it tested as the pet shop owner said they are hardy fish and that it is not necessary

It's very necessary, they ar.en't hardy at all to be honest. Very sensitive to water parameters because of their delicate fins. I'd get test kit ASAP but in the meantime do daily water changes to stop his fins from deteriorating any more. As for medicating him, Aquarium Salt, Stress Coat, Indian Almond Leaves and a close eye on water parameters should do the trick. But main priority is daily water changes and test kit. I can see the picture and usually fin rot is categorised by blackening around the edges of fins, so hopefully it doesn't look like this. Best thing you can do is research, research and do more research on how to take care of him PROPERLY and have the best environment for him. The guy at the pet shop horribly misinformed you as he is probably also misinformed on the care that needs to go into Bettas. But yes, research.

Are you sure it's fin rot? Don't look like it. Betta's are very,Very delicate! 1.5 gallon 2 wks. Filtered, but is the tank cycled. It will not take long for fin rot (black edges, holes in fins) to set in. Water changes everyday, if your tank is not cycled. If it is cycled, than vacuum the bottom clean up waste and water change as needed. Highly recommend at least a 3-5gallon for long fin Betta's and no plastic plants, drift wood with kickers on it. And a test kit. Usually white edges on fins are a sign of new growth.

Back
Top Bottom