Betta's trauma and ick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murmayde

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This betta has been through two traumas recently and I think he looks pretty good for it all but I'm worried about him.

First he jumped out of his tank that I had on the bathroom counter (he and a female were in nearby tanks and both jumped!)--I looked all over for him, then pulled the drain stopper up and got him from there! *Then* I for some reason didn't close the bathroom door, came home and my cat had knocked his tank over into the sink and cracked it. Luckily he didn't eat him! The betta was flopping in what water was left in his tank.

He has a much better ten gallon setup now!

I noticed white specks on his side before any of this. I've been treating him with Aquari-sol all this time and the spots went away but now he has a white spot on his nose! Is that something different? I put aquarium salt in with him this evening. He also has a brownish spot on his back that I think is like a bruise or sore. But I guess it could be velvet or something?

Is there anything more I can do?

the brown spot on the back might be a sore from stress the fish went through...i would suggest adding some stress coat and continue treating it maybe with some quickcure...now for the spot on the nose...well...try paying attention to the fish and see if it flickers against gravel with its nose like its got an itch...then that would most likely be ich...treat it with quickcure as aquari-sol is more of a ich preventative then a treating medicine...however aquari-sol is pretty strong and just might get rid of ich if you cant get ahold of some quickcure...remember partial water change before each treatment is highly recommended =)

Update

My betta is looking a lot better now! I think he's a tough one. :D

Back
Top Bottom